Eighteen nominees and four winners and a speech by our company president and they hired two professional photographers and mainstream to video tape and run the powerpoint slides...can't even imagine what it cost and it only took 1/2 an hour!
Two winners were from other countries and two from here (both of whom no longer work in the marketing department of the division for which they were nominated.) I really didn't want to win. And I'm not saying that because I'm trying to be modest or one of those people who say it's just an honor being nominated. And while I appreciate the gesture...I really do... As I've been saying...I didn't even want to be nominated. It was kind of embarassing when they went down the list of accompolishments of everyone else and wa-la there's little o'le me with my lame list of a few brochures "woo-hoo" give her an award for doing her job!
So they took all of our id badge photos and used them for our photos on the "nominee" slides and didn't even use the slide I submitted. My id photo is TERRIBLE!!! Not that I really like any photo of me anyhow, however the day I had the photo taken I had broken my glasses and so I was wearing my super huge glasses from the 1980's.
My boss, who was also nominated said he looked drunk.
I think it's an evil ploy to not allow us to submit any photo we want to for these things. Not everyone has a cute id photo...in fact...yep I'm pretty sure it's a manditory requirement for all id photographers to time it so that you look slightly goofy in all id photos.
I had to laugh...all we needed was perhaps a round of chicken fingers and we would have had a dunder miflin award worthy ceremony.
There was a person whom shall remain nameless in our department who boycotted the event because (and this is exactly what she said) "had I been nominated I would have attended but since I wasn't I don't see any reason to go". I guess I shouldn't have asked. It was after all a free glass of wine on a monday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment