
Calvert Deforest apparently died. One of the things that struck me as sort of sad is that he requested to not have a funeral. The news report went on to say that he left no survivors. No one. Not even a long lost friend? He had been ill. So did no one visit him in the hospital? Did he pay a nurse to care for him?
It's not that I even remotely liked his character on the David Letterman show and his glasses were sort of a sorry version of harry carey's glasses from Chicago Cubs fame but alas, to be the lone survivor...that's a true definition of lonely I guess.
I did catch the end of Adam Sandler hosting Dave's show last night. Apparently Dave got sick and asked him to "fill in". Adam is not talented as a talk show host but he was entertaining.
Note to the entire management staff at every hotel in the San Jose Convention Center vacinity. If you could find me approximately 22 rooms the end of June anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the convention center that would be wonderful. Oh but wait, you can't have even a hint of being called an INN (like Holiday Inn or Quality Inn.) Oh and if anyone in the last three years has stayed there and remotely left a bad review, then we probably can't use you either.
Today was not a good day. I realize that our salespeople have certain standards for where they like to stay when they travel. Apparently this trade show is popular and the only location available is the Holiday Inn by the Airport and well...that's not acceptable to our sales management staff. I'm totally okay with staying there. It looks fine...the hotels.com site and the travelocity site gave it better ratings than the Quality INN in Orlando so in my book we should be FINE but instead I get to bang my head against the wall and waste a few days trying to find other accomodations because they don't think it's acceptable.
Hmmmm . . . maybe there is something to the idea of being a sole survivor?
Someone actually sent me an e-mail today saying that perhaps I've learned my lesson and will book rooms earlier next year. To which I say this - when I was the assistant in the department, I booked the hotel trade show hotel rooms for everyone...the fact that I still do this as a regular part of my job is slightly annoying. I did start the process of sending e-mails to the team in December, but got distracted by the 80 things on my list and wa-la...we are probably going to be stuck staying at the Holiday Inn.
1 comment:
Too bad Donald Trump isn't involved. Your whole sales staff would be sleeping in TENTS. Serve them right!
Post a Comment