Considering the convoluted way they put the lights on the tree I don't imagine the city of St. Paul is going to come and painstakenly remove the lights before taking down the tree (but I could be proven wrong.) I would hope that somehow they recycle the tree. (PUN not intended but it kind of amuses me now that I think about it.)

To quote Garfield, I really do hate Mondays. In particular, whomever decided that the way to start off a week is to jam pack a morning full of meetings has got to be flogged. I like that word. It's the perfect description for what I'm thinking. Of course I envision more of a beating with one of those foam "noodle" swimming pool sticks and not necessarily to hurt them but to merely express my displeasure at the multitude of meetings. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!
Not only that but I'd like to go on record and wonder why it is that I have to constantly give up my lunch hour to go to meetings. Sure definition of the phrase there's no such thing as a free lunch. And really, sodehexo...I enjoy white bread but only with peter pan or jif peanut butter and it's got to be Wonder, not the Rainbow brand.
Opening up our box lunches reminds me of grade school when we used to go to the Museum of Science & Industry or the Chicago Historical Society. Mom would have us stop at the 7-11 to pick out a can of pop and I'd anticipate what kind of sandwich she packed and realize too late that I had grabbed Jerry's lunch instead of my own.
Box lunches at eco-ville are THAT kind of disappointment..white bread sandwiches, the pause of anticipation of what kind of random potato chip you might score, a small pack of oreos and an orange that I haven't ever seen any of us eat. All I kept thinking by the end of the meeting was if Ryan tossed me his orange I might try seeing if I remembered how to juggle.
Sure, even if technically I didn't pay for the lunch, I'd hope for the amount of money we probably ARE paying for the boxed lunch that sodexho could afford a couple of pieces of wheat bread or maybe bake a chocolate chip cookie (I enjoy oreos however in a meeting I don't want a big chunk of oreo stuck to my teeth.)
I know, I know I am ungrateful. But it's these small things that build and they have to go somewhere so why not the blog?
No comments:
Post a Comment