2/17/07

You know how when you have a toothache and you finally wince enough to call the dentist and suddenly it doesn't hurt anymore or the same scenario with the doctor? About four hours before the DSL doctor was to arrive at my house this morning I finally diagnoised my problem and fixed it. I was rather proud of myself...even though I don't have the foggiest clue what I did.

I just didn't want the dsl person to think I was a complete idiot so I took apart all of the wires on my computer at 5 a.m. this a.m. and plugged them back in methodically. And wa-la, the sweet sweet speed of DSL is mine again. (And a bonus is that my desk is organized because of course I couldn't let the dsl person truly see the disarray and inch of dust and empty water bottles that make up my "work zone")

Went to maddie's swim meet yesterday in River Falls and she did so great! You can just see how proud she is that she swam fast enough to get a "c" time. She's getting better at her flip turns and I'm just happy to see that she's enjoying something that I too loved as a kid. Actually watching her makes me contemplate getting with-it and starting to swim again. As soon as the doctor signs off on my ability to do so I'm going to try and schedule some time to do so because I went shopping today for new suits (work suits not swim suits) and it was NOT PRETTY. Also I think exercising is supposed to help with a multitude of what ails me and swimming has always allowed me to get aggression out without anyone really noticing and I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed by life at the moment so the serenity and rhythym of the pool might be a good thing.

No comments: