So thanks to the Presidents for the blessed Monday off. I slept until 9 a.m. (could have probably slept longer however the person from United called to confirm the instructions and update my file for their system.) Which was funny in itself because they asked me who I should list should I ever be brought into the ER and while I struggled with that idea and finally settled on my mom and dad it did get me to thinking about what would happen should I have an emergency. Oh I know my friends might help me in a pinch but they all have families, they don't need to take care of me too.
I know, it will all figure out on its own but I actually got a sarcastic "yes, I'm sure your mom and dad would probably appreciate a call if you are brought into the ER" from the person who was doing the scheduling, which I thought was a tad unfair because a) she doesn't really understand what's going on there and b) they do live in Illinois - that'd be as helpful as the time pete called us at 2 a.m. to tell us the Wisconsin Dells trailer was on fire and the whole forest was also burning...it was 2 a.m. and there we were almost 180 miles away - what in the world were we expected to do at that point but hang up and worry which we did. A lot. All night.
Then I checked my e-mail and got Eco-irritated so I decided to truly take the day off and it was a toss up - either go to Como Park Zoo or to a movie. The sun was out and I was leaning towards the zoo however a two out of three einie meanie miney moe contest picked the movie.
Then I checked my e-mail and got Eco-irritated so I decided to truly take the day off and it was a toss up - either go to Como Park Zoo or to a movie. The sun was out and I was leaning towards the zoo however a two out of three einie meanie miney moe contest picked the movie.
So after checking the reviews and seeing what was playing at Oakdale I narrowed it down to two - Freedom Writers and Music & Lyrics. They were both showing at the same time so I pulled out einie meanie again and M&L won.It wasn't nearly as bad as Love Actually. How's that for a start to a review, especially for those of you who ACTUALLY had to endure my ranting after seeing Love Actually. (Which I know I'm one of only a few people who hated that movie. )
I have to say it was a tad slow and a bit tired of a storyline. I did love a few of the lyrics. And the trailers do give a bit of the movie away. Hugh Grant's character is charming as a washed up 80's has-been. Barrymore pulled out her eccentric character - sort of a combination of her character from Never Been Kissed and 50 First Dates. It just was too "neat" of a package...not very believable. I also kept focusing on Grant's crows feet, which are distinguished but made me wonder if he's a good romantic match for Barrymore who seemed to be playing more like 25 than mid 30's.
What redeemed the movie was the message that sometimes words do matter - as does how you allow words or what other people think of you help shape who you are and who you become.
My review: wait to rent it or it comes to River Falls and go see it for $3.00
No comments:
Post a Comment