2/3/07

Wow - 50th post. Seems like just yesterday I started babbling on this thing.

It's funny when faced with a bunch of housework I find myself doing frivolous things like cleaning out my video cabinet. Sure the laundry needs to be put away but why be practical when you can wander through and organize your videos and cds. (Okay so I was specifically looking for something sappy to watch while I was cleaning and didn't find it. I also plugged in my Playstation and played about an hour of SSX Tricky, listened to Billy Joel Storm Front, The best of Def Leppard and a mix of Bon Jovi and Styx before tackling the ever present laundry pile.)

I also got rid of a lot of VHS tapes because really they were just taking up space and I never watch them anyhow. Also for a while I must have been recording tv shows like The Real World Seattle or really really old American Idol because there were a lot of unlabelled tapes. I also realized that I own three "how to line dance" vhs tapes. Which made me recall that I used to love doing that and probably don't remember a single dance. (And no...wasn't motivated enough to put the tape in and electric slide in my living room - now isn't that a pretty picture.)

I did end up watching Pure Country - the relatively sappy love story with George Strait. I'm a sucker for romance and at the end when he sings the song just for her...the lyrics are sappy, the whole movie is just a tad over the top in bad dialogue but it's one of those movies I can watch over and over again. Since I've now cleaned my video cabinet here's a list of movies I can and do and will watch over and over again:

The Cutting Edge - I've always loved Ice Skating and the Olympics and DB Sweeney isn't too shabby either.

That Thing Called Love - an obscure movie with Durmot Mulroney, Sandra Bullock and River Phoenix about songwriters in Nashville.

Holiday Inn, Going My Way, Philadephia Story, Sabrina (all in the original black and white...just feel good movies....gotta love the musical and I just love Bing and Jimmy Stewart...)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Oceans Eleven (twelve was so completely stupid but I've been to vegas enough to wonder at the sheer idea of a heist that large)
Dave or the American President
Shawshank Redemption
Legally Blonde
Return to Me - David Duchoveny (sp) in this movie is I think the epitome of what my dream is to find in a man. Sure we need to be attracted to each other, but I want that pause for consideration, that look of deep connection, the good humor and tollerance for a quirky family, I guess that love that I've never experienced yet but that someday might find. Heck I guess I wouldn't even mind Jim Belushi's character (which reminds me of the character he plays on According to Jim)

Sigh - another saturday night ...done. Hope tomorrow is more productive.

No comments: