Do you think it is possible for the superbowl to jump the shark? Granted, I mostly watch the bowl game for the commercials and the horrific plays...you know the ones that make everyone in the room scream at the tv...even if they aren't a true fan? I can just totally hear my brother yelling at the tv all the way from my cousin's house in bartlett, IL when Grossmann fumbled and again when he tripped twice in a row. It's got to completely stink playing in the rain. I'm sure all of those guys played in numerous crappy weather games (I remember sitting in the stands of our high school games many friday nights in the rain.) It just looks cold and not at all fun. Of course maybe being in the super bowl might be a tad different. Maybe earning a zillion dollars might make playing in the rain a bit better. Personally I think about the guy that bought my brother's friend's tickets for $5,000. Granted, the money went to a good cause but I sure wouldn't want to sit in the rain.
I admit I fell asleep for a brief few seconds during the half time show. I don't know if that's a testament to the idea that I was tired of if Prince just bored me. Either way it's not like the half time shows of yesteryear. Prince wasn't terrible but it wasn't all that good either.
So far the commercials ARE TERRIBLE!!!! There have only been two that I remotely chuckled at and one of a 15 second cheesy commercial for Dave Lettermann co-starring Oprah. The other one I thought was kind of clever was Coke's take on Grand Theft Auto only make it in reverse. The rest of the coke commercials have been a bit bizzare. Career Builder could have been a good concept but they too just aren't written well. And I thought a couple of the beer commercials were just culturally wrong. Even the budwiser commercials that usually tug at my heart aren't doing a thing this year. All really tired ideas with not all that much innovative art. Of course there's still a quarter left.
I'm having computer problems with my DSL that I can't seem to figure out. So I'm back to dial up and I forgot HOW SLOW dial up really is. The Qwest people can't send out a tech until 2 p.m. on Wednesday. Which of course is totally NOT do-able considering the amount of meetings and work I need to get done next week.
One other thing I ponder....was I tired when I was a teenager? I remember sleeping a bit more but I think I was relatively attentive during my waking hours. Yep, I'm getting old that I'm pondering this. That's probably it.
No comments:
Post a Comment