2/27/07

So I'm down to the wire in the trade show minute detail stuff. My booth ships Friday. I still haven't received product from our warehouse in Indiana. (Apparently it takes a really really long time to drive through Illinois and Wisconsin.)

I also have small things left to do, like make dinner reservations. Which isn't so bad, if it were just me going. But because the whole crew of upper management is going and we can't just NOT eat together after being together all day, I have to find a place that fits the standard under $20 a dinner price and can accomodate a large group.

I was slightly amused by the choices on the Orlando CVB Site:

Ponderosa or Sizzler - I used to LOVE sizzler when I was a kid. They had a combo of Malibu Chicken and Steak that I think started my kick of dipping into honey mustard sauce. Of course, just because I'd love to go down nostaglia lane I kind of think my work collegues might frown on that.

We are in Orland so the obvious next choice would be medieval times or the hoop de do review. Both of which just made me chuckle. I actually think there would be a few of us that might enjoy it but I might get fired over the choice.

Chik-Fill-A - Fast food, which meets my criteria of FAST. If there's one thing that is more frustrating to me about these shows its having to spend all evening eating dinner. You've just stood on concrete for ten hours with these people...I'm all for a little separation.

I think it might be fun to go to CityWalk or Pleasure Island (Disney) one of the evenings. I may suggest that Sunday night when it's just my friend Cheryl and boss John...hmmm...wonder if there's a benihanna there?

Actually totally funny that Michael Scott likes that restaurant because at the last trade show dinner we were in Tampa and John shared his favorite restaurant was Bennihana in Minneapolis I totally forgot about that until this moment.

As it is, we are staying in kind of a dumpy hotel that's fairly close to the convention center but I'm sure I will hear about how dumpy it is from pretty much everyone. It's one of the reasons why I don't like this particular show - tends to be all upper managers who attend and they can be a bit whiny when they want to be.

No comments: