2/12/07

One of the chief campaign bloggers for the Edwards campaign has resigned. Which leads me to ponder - has this medium taken itself so seriously that blogging a thought on a personal blogging board might actually lose the presidential election? It's not Edwards thought is it? Or is thought by association the new standard of judging whether someone is worthy of being the leader of our country. As it is I'd like to board a time machine and skip ahead to 2009 where we are safely beyond all of the election garbage. We don't have discussions about whether Obama isn't too black or Hillary might not be president because she's married to Bill. What about the real things that are supposed to shape a president? Are we going to allow 30 second news bites and trivial banter pick the next president. Also, I'm just not that confident that just replacing a republican with a democrat will remotely change the mess that this country is in. Whomever wins the next election has a huge mountain to master. While I'm all for female equality, I'm not sure the world is ready for a woman in the role of US president...or maybe I'm just superficially against having to endure Hillary's sneer for the next five years.

No comments: