Gotta love valentines day, the week approaching when the media goes all out in encouraging those who haven't found their mate to try to find one. 60 minutes on Yahoo has a whole bevy of ideas...much of which I find slightly humorous. A group blind date might be do-able. They also suggested Dark Dating - which I take it means you don't see the person ...heck why not combine the two - that might be fun??? NOT.
The speed dating thing at bars where in 75 minutes you have 50 dates seems um...yeah...not me.
I thought e-harmony was expensive but boy a matchmaker is charging $25,000 to match a person to their mate. (She apparently has a 90% success rate) Imagine having $25,000 to blow on putting that into the hands of someone else with no idea that it would even work??? I guess it's like investing in your future??? I can't even imagine having $25,000 and then the choice of a future husband or a car that worked - Um...sorry guys, not a difficult decision. The success rate that I'd find a car that I liked might be a better bet. The best one was "how to snare mr. right" like I'm some BIG GAME HUNTER in for the kill.
I miss having a hand to hold at the movies or an interesting conversation over dinner. The sharing of a day's mundane events or just knowing that someone chooses to share their part of their world with you. At times I feel like I'm in 6th grade again just waiting for Damon Vanderzee to stop by my locker. I've done the pursing before and it sucks to stick your neck out and hope someone will say yes. I imagine men hate it just as much or maybe even more because it's such a traditional role. (Please hold your lectures, I know I know I promised not to wax poetically about this very topic and if I wasn't able to step forward and do something about it. But well...blame it on Gilmore Girls and that's all I'm going to say.)
Yes, friends who have been lecturing me, I've decided to change doctors. How do you even know what they will be like? It's funny that I've been praying for mom's courage to tell the doctor exactly what's wrong but I've been doing the same thing...I really hope it's all in my head. A doctor once told me that and since then, i can't help but put off making the call with the idea that it could all be in my head.
Ironically mom's appointment is the same day. Mom said that her doctor wanted to urgently see her today but she's going to wait until Thursday. Where is the logic in that? Dad was outside for the third time today plowing snow for the neighborhood. Which is great except for the idea that the man hasn't had exercise in six months and now he's out in the cold blowing snow not only for our driveway but for all of the neighbors.
How ironic would it be to find out my heart is truly broken the week of valentine's day. Yep, I'll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment