2/23/07

Kudos to my friend Mary for hosting a wonderful "mystery dinner" tonight. She split up the menu of an appetizer, an entree a side dish and a dessert and also gave us one random can of soup to bring to "throw us off the track" - which by the way Mary, it worked :) I actually was thinking it might be some sort of itallian dish with tomato soup because well the only other thing I could think of was grilled cheese and tomator soup and well - that just did fit the flavor that I typically associate with my friend Mary.

Anyhow it was a perfectly lovely evening to cap off an absolutely miserable week. We had this interesting and totally easy dip with cream cheese, lemon zest, ham and basil. For dinner we had butternut squash and orzo (which are these pea shaped pasta things) which makes me think I need to branch out and try more squash (I enjoy spaghetti squash on occaision and butternut squash kind of has the flavor of a sweet potato.) And this really interesting chicken dish with ham and lemon and probably a bunch of other things but I've left the recipie sitting on the front seat of my car.

So for example - I had to bring: 1 box of Triscuits or wheat thins, 2 cloves of garlic, 4-5 apples and a can of tomato soup. Someone else had to bring an onion, chicken breast and a lemon, another had to bring wine and so-on. Then when we got there we had to cook. It was fun.

I'm amused by SNOW WATCH 07. When I got home mom was on my answering machine. "Tina...the weather channel here says you are expecting a foot of snow. You should park your car in the garage." It's minnesota and it's february...isn't it supposed to snow? I want a blizzard. I want thirty inches of snow. I think it would be fun (for a few days).

However...now that I say that, I want the blizzard in two weeks - so that maybe I get stuck down in Orlando and can't come back. The fact that not only do we have our largest trade show in two weeks and I only just finished the graphics and pre-show mailer today and that between then and now we have our compliance monitoring training class...it's going to be a doomed week next week. Guess I better start praying for patience right now.

No comments: