2/24/07

Bernie turned 40 and we had a low key but fun party at the Super 8 in Hudson this evening before BLIZZARD WATCH 07 unfurled it's wicked wind. Yep that's sarcasm. I mean sure the snow wasn't exactly easy to drive in and in particular, my friends B, A, M and C live on this HUGE hill which is awesome in the summertime because you kind of feel perched on top of the neighborhood and with the leafy trees no one can really see us but in the winter...well...plain and simple...I probably would have moved from there long ago even though they do have a lovely house - that hill would be terrible to deal with every day. Anyhow I made it with my car 1/2 way up their driveway and got stuck and had to trek up the rest of the way which only reminded me that I really need to sign up at the Y or do something to improve my cardio because getting terribly winded by just climbing a hill is NUTS.

The kids swam in the pool and had a great time. I remember how awesome it was to swim in hotel pools when I was a kid I was the first one in and the last one out. The super 8 actually had a decent sized pool and deck and a large hot tub - sadly my friends in the Eco spa and pool division have kind of wrecked my ability to really use a hot tub when there are a lot of people around using it too.

So, Happy Birthday Bernie. Glad you spent the day doing something you love to do. Obviously 12 hours on a lake in the snow and wind isn't for anyone but a true die hard ice fisherman. Hope you had a great day.

No comments: