2/14/07

In honor of Valentine's Day and because I'm temped to check my work e-mail but have decided to take a holiday ...here are my favorite Romantic Movies or scenes from movies in no particular order:

Cutting Edge - at the very end where they skate because they love each other not JUST to do the pamchenko...proving love and hockey can mix even with toe picks.

My Best Friend's Wedding, When Harry Met Sally - maybe I'm just inamoured with the idea of friends developing into romance. Truly hasn't worked for me so far - but it's an interesting concept!

My Big Fat Greek Wedding - although slighly ridiculous that in a matter of moments she turns from frump girl to fully pulled together and able to attract someone like Ian Miller gives hope to this frump girl that with the right motivation I won't be waiting tables...ah THAT's RIGHT - it's just a movie.

It's not just because Sleepless In Seattle mentions it but I LOVE Cary Grant in An Affair to Remember. (I hated the Remake by Warren Beatty a few years ago - do you really think they should protect certain movies from EVER being remade?)

Clueless, Some Kind of Wonderful, Pretty In Pink for the cheez 80's factor

Return to Me - SIGH...I liked this movie for more than a few reasons. It broke my heart at the beginning and the idea of such a different love story and the idea of moving on to another love...when he says I ache for Grace...ah....

Moulin Rouge - sigh I really loved the music.
Ever After - Cinderella Story - Disney's Cinderella
The Notebook
Coyote Ugly

Cartoons: Cars, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast

It Could Happen to You, The Wedding Singer Never Been Kissed, Doc Hollywood (just for their endings)

Lifetime or Hallmark Movies: Lucky 7, Straight from the Heart, A Night to Remember,

Amazingly I've never been able to make it through Casablanca or Dr. Zhivago or Gone With the Wind (maybe I'll try again now that I"m older.) Others have suggested Princess Bride which too has never made it much past the first few minutes.

No comments: