1/31/07

I decided to switch radio stations that I wake up to morning. Mostly in the hopes that I won't just stay in bed humming along to the peace-filled music. I was so inspired that I also changed my car radio too. I felt like "queen of the 80's" while I wheeled my ancient buick through the parking garage this morning while blaring "take me down to paradise city where the grass is green...." Can you just see me bangin' my head. It felt like Streamers nightclub at Winona State all overagain.

I had already decided I wasn't a KQ person (although at the photo studio the other day that's what they were listening to and it wasn't terrible.) I'm not an oldies and light fm would be worse so I settled on Jack FM. Besides which I love their irreverent liners. The other reason why I picked Jack instead of going back to KS95 is because I tried to listen to them just the other day and I realized I must have been gone a long time because I didn't recognize any of the three songs I listened to. (Also their morning and afternoon drive people kind of annoy me and I like Jack's "we play what we want to slogan") It's just eclectic enough to keep me interested for a while. The fact that on the way home the voice in my head actually said "boy I haven't heard that in awhile" inspired me to blow the dust off my cd collection and tossed in Sting "Fields of Gold" Jude Cole and Chicago 17.

No comments: