Today was one of those days that I was feeling sorry for myself and people came into my path to share stories that made me think I just don't have it really so bad.
My friend is going through a not-so-pretty divorce. Her husband ended up in the hospital this weekend and is on a ventalator and may not ever recover. He's been on the brink of death so many times because he has a terrible lung disease. So since the divorce isn't final and she's in a pretty bad place in that she cares about her children's father however with the divorce not settled she can't really act on his behalf without causing speculation that she's making the correct decision, her sixteen year old son has had to step in and make the decisions regarding his father's care because it would look bad if something might happen. I feel bad for the son. Not a position I ever would want to be in (although I may someday be in the same situation)
My co-worker then told me that a close friend of hers stopped to help someone on 35W or E...this a.m. and was hit by a car and lost one leg and possibly both of his legs. He's a father and a pretty young guy and boy...what a terrible thing to happen when all you were doing was stopping to help a stranded stranger.
Makes my whining seem so shallow.
of course the day was blah enough that I stopped tonight for dinner (ah yes, twist my arm and go out to eat!) Cheese enchiladas at Las Magaritias and a scoop of black forest dream from cold stone....mmmmm....probably didn't exactly need the ice cream but ah well....tomorrow is another day....hopefully a better one for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment