1/1/07

Happy New Year! Ever have one of those "lost days" when you planned to do so much but just sat around in your pajamas and did nothing of any consequence? Yep, that's how I started the year. Wonder if this is just a sign of things to come?

I did finally get posted photos to my flickr account (see sidebar for the link.)

So John sent us our yearly "give me three things you accompolished this year" request so that he can fill out our reviews. Sadly I'm having a tough time coming up with anything stellar. Somehow I don't think "I didn't quit" will fly.

But in completing my personal 2006 "Year In Review" the following "top 5" thoughts come to mind:

5. Pete got married. The fact that I have a sister is something I wanted my whole life. Sara and Pete's wedding was a fun time for our family in the midst of a trial of a year. The Dells was a perfect backdrop and it was a superficial good time. (Which is about all we can ask for from our family.)

4. Trade Shows - I love this part of my job but it was a growing experience this year in that I was left to my own leadership for most of the planning and prep for both of our biggest shows. In Tampa in particular with shipping nightmares and graphics screwups I think I learned the most important thing about panic is to keep your cell phone charge and your sense of humor in line. I still was in better shape that my friend in the Kimberly Clark booth who never received her entire display. No one was the wiser that I sat in Tampa for an entire day alternating crying with throwing one major temper tantrum. The next day, my graphics arrived along with the rest of the booth staff and no one even knew the stress I was under the day before.

3. Dad. I've been very lucky. Even though I'm not exactly sure I like the man he's becoming - I'm not ready to not have him around yet. It's been an educational experience for me to come to grips about why I don't live there.

1 & 2. God leads us down interesting paths if we let him. I was so very blessed to meet new friends this year and expand projects that helped me get my head on straight. Clicking, videos, conferences, music, habitat for humanity...all are shaping my life I can't help but be excited to see what new adventures He brings for 2007.

No comments: