1/3/07

I love getting notes from our company president that start out "you've been nominated by your leadership team". There really are only one or two people in our division that ever get nominated because they know that we will typically squeeze in the extra work to fundraise or pull together something for a good cause. What's so typical is that they don't ever just ask for volunteers but instead lay this pseudo-guilt trip on a person to just do something good. Then we become the people who need to drum up volunteers, which for things like collecting money isn't something I'm at all talented at. Give me a task, something that needs to be organized, designed and let me go off by myself to do it and I'll probably be okay...make me lead a group and sometimes that just puts me way beyond my comfort zone.

Rats...I forgot the cinnamon "braid" that I bought from Angie's daughter in the mini freezer at work. Gotta love the odd ball things kids are selling nowadays. I remember when the choice was those carmel, almond and krunch candy bars or girl scout cookies...now they are selling any number of odd stuff...actually my goddaughter said her troop was doing a "round two" sell of girl scout cookies which I thought was a tad over the top. Also I stopped and listened to a cub scout at wallgreens the other day who was trying to sell popcorn and at $20.00 for a box there wasn't any chance I could be swayed to buy microwave popcorn (they have to be nuts to think they can sell boxes for that price...I remember my brothers selling it for something like $10.00) Don't I sound like a crumedgeon?

No comments: