I just watched the tail end of a fascinating program on PBS about Annie Lebiwoitz (sp?) the photographer. I'm always amazed by photographs and I think it's amazing when you feel like a photo can tell a story or you see into the story of someone through their eyes or the way they are placed on film. Her images shared on the end of this program spoke volumes. She's very talented - even if it is mostly just exploiting celebrity.
Not that I'm ever remotely in any league however it made me think I should start taking my camera around with me again. I loved my photography class in college. The black and white, playing with exposures and different shutter speeds, the darkroom process. My textbook from that class was one of the few I kept. All it contains is a book of photos...some famous others just very interesting. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to learning more about photoshop and why compositing is so interesting...taking the foreground and merging to tell a completely different story. Can you only just imagine where technology will bring us in another twenty years?
No comments:
Post a Comment