1/7/07

I go out to eat entirely too much for my pocketbook but I have just found that cooking for one is just not fun and inparticlar by the time I have cooked the "meal" I'm no longer hungry and I really tend to not like eating leftovers.

After church this a.m. I was headed over to breakfast at the Day by Day Cafe before heading into ECOville. They were jam packed so I went a tad further down 7th and had a lovely lunch at The Glockenspiel. Leberkaese - which is this veal/pork meatloaf my mom used to buy at Kuhn's delicatessen with Spatessle and the best whole grainy mustard. I always order the same two things when I go there....either this or the Pork/Mushroom thing that is too long to spell in German. They were really short-staffed today - I know they are under new ownership too (I read that in Dara's column a few months ago in City Pages) There was this cute older couple dining with their adult son...the son was kind of a pompus snob but the woman was very cute.

One of the things about this restaurant that is kind of annoying is that the tables are mostly on this long bench so part of the table shares a common bench which I think tends to give people the idea that you'd like to talk to them if they are sitting on the same bench. Well typically when I'm eating alone I like observing and the woman was getting a tad upset that the waitress was forgetting to bring her sugar packets. So I just sort of help her to find sugar on her own...which led to her asking what in the world was I eating which when you say "Leberkaese" sounds so much like liver case that she obviously was curious. After trying to explain that it kind of tastes like ham, I almost asked her if she would like to try a bite :) I didn't because Joy - our waitress chose at that point to not only solve the case of the missing sugar packets, but also brought their meal as well.

Church was interesting on several levels. I've been either going to the 5 p.m. service or clicking for so long that I kind of forgot how terribly closterphobic it is to sit in the middle of a row in the middle of a crowded section - I do wonder if anyone else feels that way or if it's just my psychotic anxiety riddled body? I was a tad disappointed that bible study wasn't really a study today but another talk about spiritual gifts inventory and the SHAPE online survey tool. I wonder how many people have taken the survey so far? It seems to me that even as I don't get out all that much, that I've heard a talk/lecture about the survey tool at least three or four times...and if I've heard it that many times, I can't even imagine how many times the people who typically go to sanctuary bible study have heard it. It's also going to be interesting to see the dynamic of next week's preaching switch. Personally I love listening to pastor dean's sermons online. Truthfully, I think not switching more often only goes to split the congregation more down the lines of sanctuary vs. genesis - although I do sort of understand that there really wasn't the case and I'm just as bad at perpetuating the stereotyping by even talking about it. I am looking forward to the new sermon series....although sincerely I had this ever so interesting disco song playing through my head this a.m. when I was adjusting the slides :) Guess there are all aspects of JOY to be uncovered.

I'll wait to blog on the sermon until tomorrow....or maybe later tonight if putting away laundry doesn't get the best of me.

No comments: