It was a long day today. Monday's typically aren't my favorite day because you just get used to the weekend and poof...it's back to work. Today was especially long as I took way too long to figure out which tasks to juggle, then had to go to the "we choose you because you are a leader yadayda" press conference and manditory walk around the block to show how physically active we are and then the healthcare team went for lunch at the St. Paul Grill.
Before I get much further on the rant about the press conference, at the Grill I had a $10.00 cheeseburger with fries. All very tasty. They have very good fries there. I'm not much of a "salad" kind of gal and pretty much everyone else had some sort of salad. We went to lunch as a thank you/christmas present for dave and john however they ended up picking up the bill which was really sort of sad...nice that they did it but so very much not the purpose of us taking them out to lunch.
Back to the press conference. They had a terrible PA system set up so no one could really hear what was being said and I imagine the photographers from the tv stations were probably just like - let's get this over. They gave us each these bright green scarves and these flashing "start" buttons and had us walk two blocks to rice park. Totally funny though that as the group of probably 100 of us were walking - not many people were watching the "do not walk" signals and at several points I do believe many of us could be sited for jaywalking or almost getting hit by mass transit...now wouldn't that have made for interesting news? A friend of mine commented that he figured they gave us the bright green scarves to "mark" us before the press conference so that we had to go for the walk instead of just heading back to our desks.
I now work on the 5th floor so I also felt guilty after the pep talk about exercise that I took the stairs up....probably the last time I do that...I almost died :) okay - I actually didn't die however, I probably should consider taking the stairs more often. Probably. I'll think about that the next time I'm in the elevator :)
No comments:
Post a Comment