12/13/06

There are days when I truly believe I either work at the NBC show "The Office" or we are merely dilbert comic strips come to life. I really need about ten hours of uninterupted "work" zone time to catch up with my ever-flowing in-box and in the midst of it I need to unpack and get used to my new work zone.

Considering a person spends close to 10 hours a day at work - you'd think that they'd ask you which way you'd like your cubical desk to face. It's also amazing how attached I am to bulletin board and shelf space of which my new desk has very little. We were lectured by the person whose whole job is to move people from floor to floor that we couldn't request any changes to be made to our desks until we "test drove" them for 30 days. That's just ridiculous - especially as I already know that I want one more bulletin board and a shelf rail and I know exactly where to find them....in my old cube :)

Angie and I left early today as Dave said that there really wasn't anything we could do anyhow as they pretty much shut down our phone and computer by about 3 p.m. I just hope I get to the office tomorrow and in general can find enough of my packed items that I can zoom through work.

No comments: