There are many reasons why I don't live in Illinois but one absolute HUGE reason is the traffic. Today I had a multitude of errands to run for mom which ideally only really took me approximately 10 - 15 miles away from their house but in that amount of time I saw three car accidents, was almost sideswiped by evil yuppie SUV drivers twice and just didn't feel "safe" the entire time I was driving.
Why do people have to drive so fast and down here - why are there so many people? You wouldn't think that the MN to IL difference would be so great but really the number one reason why I don't move back here is the traffic.
We had day one of family fun and really - it wasn't so bad. Kennedy is such a good little child and to watch her interact with the family is so fun. Being one is a good age. :)
There is a whole awkward fight going on between certain members of our family and while I don't know the whole story, I do know one side of it so for the most part that's what makes it really awkward.
One of the errands I was blessed to run today was to the bakery. I just don't understand why we can't duplicate Jarosch Bakery in MN. It was super crowed and took me almost 1/2 hour to pick up the order. The whole time just peering into their yummy cases of tortes and coffee cakes and this really stellar austrian cheesecake that is like no other cheese cake I've ever had...Every year for our birthday, Jerry and I would order a cake from Jarosch...so going there brought back good memories. It also gave me small moments of bonding time with dad - as I talked him into getting off his recliner and drive me around. (Perhaps even scarier than driving around here myself is driving with him - it just seems like he gets distracted and although the doctor says his depth perception is fine - I just don't trust it some days.)
Apparently Olivia and Andrew have DDR so I'm going to see if they will let me play it for Playstation to see if it is worth the effort to put it on my list of games to own :)
No comments:
Post a Comment