11/20/06

How did Garfield used to put it - I HATE MONDAYS. Lately I'm not a miracle worker...I'm a jaded, tired, distracted, poor excuse for an employee.

So sure - Jesus can come :) tomorrow around 10 a.m. would be convenient.

I'm in such a bad place right now and it's just really hard to think about if Jesus would come. I haven't been living that stellar of a straight-line and I haven't been kind to others (particularly at work) I've been grumpy and self-focused. It's tough not to be grumpy when others are grumpy right back. They aren't bad people but we are a crazy lot of procrastinating BUSY people. But that's such a lame excuse. Why should the modelling of other people matter if I actually truly did define myself with the core christian values instead of being a completely different person when I walked through that spinning door. Yep I'm human. But I do have a choice it is just a matter of action instead of all of these deep philosophical discussions I have with myself.

I look forward to the day, however I don't think I'm ready, but kind of like guests coming to visit, at some point it is going to be too late to tackle one more dust bunny and he'll know I shoved it under the carpet by the sink anyhow.

So really the only thing I do know is that I've been given this great gift. What I do with it, well that should be easy but sometimes it's even easier to do nothing - because someone else has it "covered". It's easy to procrastinate especially when I've honed those skills getting to this point in life. It's easy to just coast. It's safe to just think what I'm doing is what I'm supposed to be doing, perhaps not in terms of being "enough" but surely I'm being obedient - right?

Jesus is coming. Is the point to be confident at all times that he could be here tomorrow? or in the next hour? Or should I also be thinking more about what to do while I'm waiting. Hmmm I'm banking on both.

No comments: