I have this "thing" about customer service. Maybe it stems from my days as a customer service manager but it really irritates me when salespeople just aren't good it it. Today I have two contrasting examples. Both jobs probably are pretty dreary - a cashier at Walmart and a computer electronics professional at a different store.
The cashier at Walmart I give high marks to...he said hello and went out of his way to make polite conversation while ringing me out. The other person had an agenda that didn't fit with mine and while I appreciate the folded up piece of research paper telling me cannon printers are the best on the market, I made a vow never to buy another cannon after the fiasco ten years ago with their customer service department. Then, because I quite clearly stated I was in the market for either a HP or some other printer he just walked away. He did so in front of several higher executives from HP and the store so I wonder how that will go over? I felt kind of bad about my own behavior however sometimes you just have to listen to a customer before you can truly make recommendations.
No comments:
Post a Comment