5/16/09

Star Trek in Imax

The Star Trek Movie was good. I really didn't have that many expectations other than I hoped that it didn't have creepy bugs crawling out of spock's ears like that darn Wrath of Khan movie we had to watch in church youth group one summer...cuz nothin' says Jesus like Star Trek right?

My commentary is about IMAX. We ordered tickets ahead of time and got to the movie fairly early but because of line cutters and the fact that the MN Zoo just doesn't have a good/fair line system, once they opened the doors it pretty much was a free for all. I guess the seats we ended up with could have been worse but really...the thing that bugged me more is that it really wasn't any different than going to the Oakdale Ultra Screen and in fact I think I like the Ultra Screen better. Maybe my eye just doesn't catch the nuiances of the digitally remastered image and the sound really didn't seem different either.

The movie in IMAX just didn't take advantage of the larger screen so I'm not entirely sure what I paid the extra money to see? Sure the screen was still big and the movie was fine...I guess I just expected something grander.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

We saw Spiderman 2 in IMAX. The only thing we thought was How did Toby McQuire get a scar in the shape of a fish hook? We looked at it the entire time. Very distracting.