5/18/09

Groundhog Day

So this morning I received a call at 9 a.m. from our sales office informing me that the training meeting that they already moved once is moving again...back to the date we originally started with and I should just magically change everything back to the way it was originally planned. Now they were actually quite gracious about it and Janet totally understands and commiserates with me. However the rest of the lot of them don't seem to have a clue what they are doing and it's not even four weeks away.

Now granted this isn't like planning a wedding. I hired the caterer through the hotel. Booked everyone's hotel and arranged the meeting rooms so far. It's a few embarassing phone calls, an adjustment to the spreadsheet, and really we are back in business.

What irritates me is that we seem to just be willy-nilly planning these things on a whim instead of really figuring things out and then telling me to book the darn thing. And the reason they gave me for moving it back was the same argument that I had with them when they moved to change everything in the first place. It didn't make any sense to me why they were moving everything to Thursday then, and it only serves to irritate me that he's moving everything back to Wednesday.

Just proved a point that I'm in the movie Groundhog day...if only I could truly have Andie McDowell's hair.

No comments: