4/19/09

Red, Red Wine

So as part of our fundraising efforts for the American Heart Association Start! Heartwalk that is next Saturday a.m. at Harriet Island in St. Paul, we had various activities including a coffee bar, a change jar, and a track how many times you take the elevator survey (which surprisingly I didn't lose...although I did come close.)

As a finale to these events on Friday evening my friend Fred and his wife Ann hosted a fundraiser/wine tasting at his house in Woodbury. Scott, the person who organized most of the activity was able to secure a wine expert to tell us about the wines and serve us and Jeanett found some really great food from a place called JW Kaladi's in Hudson. (Seriously I saw a menu from there and if you are ever in the market for relatively inexpensive but yummy vittles for your next shindig...that's the place to go. They also have a great dinner menu and serve chicago style hot dogs and hot beef sandwiches so how bad could that be?)

I'm not a big alcohol drinker. There were five wines and while most of them were pretty decent, I guess of them all, I rather enjoyed a Shiraz the best. I still don't know much about wine. And I probably am more of a white wine fan than a red wine fan.

It was interesting to see work people outside of work but I tend lately to avoid participating in outside events for that reason...there needs to be a separation of work and state um I mean personal life. While I enjoy and mingle with some people sometimes, they are the people who I know are my friends outside of work. And really, going single to these "coupled" events is kind of boring too. It was fun however to meet the wives/husbands of some of the people I work with and in some cases it explains A LOT about what they are like outside of work too.

And now I have two bottles of red wine. I probably won't be drinking those alone...unless I have a really bad day.

No comments: