3/17/09

Chicago and other Thought Bubbles

My mom has the oddest calendar. Every year she transfers dates from calendar to calendar but also includes when people died and other historic facts.

There's nothing wrong with it...she's probably the person I call if I can't remember someone's birthday (and I do forget more birthdays than I remember)

This past sunday she wrote - Siegie 3 year anniversary cancer surgery. Now a part of me thinks that it's been a whole lot longer than that and yet...she would know. I'd like to say that it affected my dad in some way to know that he had survived cancer for three years, but it didn't seem to really matter.

All in all the visit home was quick because I was driving back and forth from the trade show. I also just really wasn't in the greatest of moods.

Which is why I really don't have that much to say about my trip to Chicago except for perhaps a list of top 5 highlights:

1. Got to see my niece Emmie...she's a joy.
2. Lou Malnati's Sausage, Mushroom and Cheese Pizza
3. A visit to half price books
4. Seeing my brothers (yep...figured it would make them miffed that they came in 4th behind pizza and books but well, a gal has to have priorities)
5. Seeing my best friend Kim(last but NOT least) - ever have one of those nights that you just don't want to end and you can talk and talk and talk...that's how I feel most every time I see her.

No comments: