Things are hopping with a few trips, the website, a few tradeshows and well...I'm tired. People still think it's mono but I really want to look at them and say - really? you think I haven't just been a little stretched?
We arrived into Atlanta late on tuesday night and by the time we checked into the hotel it was 8. I should have just grabbed something in the hotel bar but nope...had to socialize and we walked across the street to a place called wild wings.
I had a bowl of soup but boy was I tired...and a tad nervous too. I don't typically get nervous especially when I'm speaking about something I'm passionate about however I just didn't want it to go poorly or be what they didn't expect....and so I tweaked and tweaked...and didn't get to bed until about midnight.
My laptop decided to die about that time and so if there's one frustrating thing about the trip it's that it is kind of hard to stay on top of e-mail and showcase a website when your computer isn't working. Luckily a friend loaned me his computer and all went well with the presentation. A few people even said that they learned more from the "live" demo than from the webinar so...that was good.
For those of you who don't really know me THAT well, know this one fact...communication is kind of important to me. What are you thinking, feeling, hoping? Do you like or hate something? Talk to me.
In the instance of the website - a lot of work has been thrown into this and so far I've gotten a few lukewarm attagirls. I don't know that I expected much more out of our group but well...I do know that I'm sort of disappointed that more people haven't shared the idea that this is a cool thing. Maybe if they use it more?
Ah well...the meeting ended, we went to dinner, and it seemed like a blink of an eye, I was on a plane home.
I did not sleep well even on the Hyatt's dream bed. Typically I love these fluffy beds but this time I could not get to sleep or stay asleep and so I was even more tired.
Joyfully...or not so joyfully trade show season starts next week and there is lots to do still to prep for that. And I'm heading to chicago for a whirlwind set-up this Friday - Tuesday...should be okay and I get to see my family and a few friends while I'm down there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment