Today I got to work before 7 a.m. This doesn't happen often. It's not exactly that I'm not a morning person but recently I tend to lay in bed and listen to the radio for at least an hour before truly rolling out of bed. Again, it's a lucky thing I live alone as really, I might bother other people with my sleeping and not sleeping habits.
I'm used to being the last person to leave so imagine my surprise, even after stopping at Dunn Brothers on the corner for a large mocha latte chocolaty good way of starting a day, the lights were still off on our floor and I was the first one in.
I turned on the lights and got to work...on drinking the latte.
I don't know what I was thinking scheduling my very first webinar ever at 7:30 a.m. (and bless the californians on the call as it was REALLY early for them.
I got it all figured out and everyone got on the webinar with only a few glitches (incorrect passwords and fear of loading software.) But I thought when we were able to launch the webinar at 7:33 that my mission was fairly successful.
I've been building this website for years...well a year and three an a half months and while it will continue to be a work in progress, I do believe that the sales team this morning was fairly excited. It's hard to tell that early in the a.m.
The real sign was that many of them were still wandering the site even hours after the call. (Or maybe they just let their computer run and walked away to get a latte.)
I have three more webinars friday, and monday and then I'm conducting a management training in Atlanta on Wednesday morning. (So yay...hopefully it will be warmer than 30 degrees as I will be in atlanta Tues - Thursday)
It's so great to have the project "launched". A birth of a new era of communication that I do believe people will like and use.
It is moments like today that make me really appreciate my job. And it was also nice the other day to have one of my salespeople say that they appreciated the care I lend them. I really don't expect praise, but I do appreciate a real sign of contributing to the success of others or of helping and serving others in my work. Maybe it's what I expect others to do in return, to help me in my hour of need. Today work was happy. Lately there haven't been many days that have been happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment