There's certain songs that just either were playing on the radio when something happened or just get assigned to people because they danced to it at their wedding or you had your first dance to it or your first kiss or your first...well you get the picture.
Ten years ago when I was moving to Minnesota there was one song that played every time I got in the car, not because the programming was bad...or maybe that was the reason? But I sort of significantly heard it play kind of eeriely...
When I was heading to minnesota and had just crossed the border.
When I went to my first job interview
One the way home from receiving my job offer at the 'lab.
When I found my apartment.
I mean it's uncanny that THAT song would be playing at every junction in the journey.
So the other Saturday night I was driving in my car to meet someone for dinner. And I was listening to Cities 97 and as I got on the highway what should come on the radio but that very same song.
The song.... It was Time of Your Life - Green Day. Random? Probably. Eerie.
Yep.
The only reason I remember it...was the lyric...
Another turning point; A fork stuck in the road.Time grabs you by the wrist; Directs you where to go.So make the best of this question known as why.It's not a question but a lesson learned in time.It's something unpredictableBut in the end it's right.I hope you had the time of your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment