So every year they offer free flu shots at work on a first come first served reservation only basis. Last year was the first year I didn't get one and I was sick more often. Not sure if it was directly attributable to the flu but I thought I'd be better off if I went and had one.
Needless to say the line was short and the nurse Jan was friendly enough. But there something about needles that just makes me feel a little woozy. (I'm not really squeemish but those needles are really pretty long)
They had you stay and sit there after the shot to make sure that you were okay. I saw more than a few people not follow the rules and just take off. Seems to me that there's a reason why they ask you to stay so I stayed. They didn't need me to be keeled over in my cube.
Today was a frustrating day. Actually I predict this whole week is going to be an exercise in patience. It always is when they are prepping for a big out of town meeting. Typically I'm more involved than I am but they wanted to handle most of the preparations on their own. Which would have been fine except now at the 11th hour almost every marketing manager has thought of something urgent that they need help pulling together. Makes me feel loved in a way but also really annoyed. "We" need to pull this together ends up being "me". "we" love our job.
"We" are working for the weekend for more reasons than this will be over. It's nice to have something to look forward to for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment