Okay, so I probably didn't need to take the day off today. I did in the off chance that mom and dad might decide to come up earlier but they actually didn't arrive until almost 6 so I ran some errands, baked a cake, did some work and watched oprah.
I called mom and dad and they were approaching hudson so I told them to get off at the Hudson exit and I would meet them in downtown so that dinner wouldn't get so late. We went to one of my favorite restaurants called the Winzer Stube which is this german restaurant in the basement of a strip mall. They were celebrating oktoberfest so they had an accordion player and the food was pretty decent.
Mom and I both had the jagerschnitzel and dad had the wiener schnitzel.
Considering they had just driven from Illinois, we decided to call it an evening and mom and I watched HGTV House Hunters for free on my computer (that's so totally cool that I found that option exists - now I really don't need to buy cable tv.)
Tomorrow we are getting up early. I think I'm going to take them to the North Pole for breakfast and we are going to drive up to the outlet mall in North Branch and look around. Mom and Dad had talked about driving up to the Black Bear Casino but when I looked at the map it looks like a two hour drive and I really need to be back in town by 5 to go bowling tomorrow night. I'm still trying to figure out if they are going to want to come cheer us on in bowling or find something for them to do while I'm bowling...we'll see how that all turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment