10/13/08

Running on Automatic

So the car ended up having a problem with some sort of shifting sensor in the transmission that "senses" when to shift the car so you don't have to. It's one of the reasons why I love automatic transmissions and now that they told me what it was, that's exactly what it felt like. Learning to drive a stick - that moment before you completely flood the engine and it dies...yep that's exactly it.

My car also has an issue with rusted out cooling / transmission things that were leaking near my radiator.

If I didn't trust my friends at Mastertech auto so much they probably could have found a few more things wrong and I would have nodded and just said "MAKE IT SO."

Instead, I'm a whole lot poorer, my car has some new speed shifting sensor and some new tubes that cool oil or some such thing and I have a car again.

All is well with my world. It's amazing how much you really do depend on your car when you realize it doesn't run. (especially on a cold and rainy day.)

No comments: