Halloween used to be an anticipated event. We were blessed with a mom who sewed so we halloween anticipation started a few weeks before when we'd truck over to the pattern aisle and poured over the mccall's pattern books trying to figure out what we wanted to be.
I think my favorite costume was Raggedy Ann - complete with yarn wig. I wore that for more than a few years.
There was the year the Pete and Jerry dressed as Sylvester and Tweety - that was a good year too - although I was some sort of random panda bear and didn't quite fit...too bad Kung Foo Panda wasn't around back then? The only refernce was those sort of creepy purple pandas from the land of make believe...seriously am I the only person who really wonders how Mr. Roger's imagination wasn't misconstrued as being over the edge of ridiculous and a bit creepy?
Sylvester was my favortie costume...that and the Shark. Both costumes technically were built for my brother jerry but we all wore them.
Now halloween is just another day. Too much leftover candy in the jar. Some sort of random thrown together costume if one at all. Just a little less anticipation that is seen through the eyes of my friend's children.
Not necessarily a bad thing, just different.
No comments:
Post a Comment