A few of us went for the Great Hunan Buffet today. They have to have the WORST fortune cookie fortunes I've ever read.
Today mine said - The stock market will bring you good things.
Really? That's the wisdom from chinese cookiedom? Woo hoo. Of course I did quip that maybe that just meant I'd some day meet the stock broker of my dreams?
I can't help but wonder if there are different categories of fortunes that chinese restuarants can order. You know like those magnetic poetry sets they used to sell by the registers at Barnes & Noble? So this restaurant orders the "business" version. Another one orders "Perfect for Hilarious "in bed" jokes". Who started that tradition? The one where you read a fortune cookie and immediately have to tack on in-bed after it?
Who knows maybe I received someone else's fortune by accident? There are a lot of business types who frequent the joint. In fact I saw a friend from the Alley there while we were leaving. He was having what looked to be a serious business type discussion so I didn't bother him. I wonder if he received a better fortune?
Too bad I don't understand the stock market. I do have a couple of shares of eco-stock thanks to winning the eco-employee of the year award several years ago. But I'm sure that small amount is not going to be living up to the hype the fortune cookie is generating.
Yet another thing in this world that is meaningless but in my head to ponder.
No comments:
Post a Comment