8/31/08

Bowling

I've tossed caution to the wind and have decided to try a bowling league. (Family members - you can pick yourself up off the floor and stop laughing)

I went bowling for the first time today in a few years. I went by myself and went to a bowling alley far away so that I probably wouldn't run into anyone. I bowled three games.

The first game I bowled a 92. It was really bad. The first frame was zero.
The second game I bowled a 118 - not much better - and I thought - "wow" do I really want to do this?
The third game was a little better. At the very least I had a turkey and wound up with a score of 138. Still not stellar but for a first attempt in a few years it wasn't so terrifying that I'm calling tim and removing my name from the roster. However I do need some practice.

I took bowling in college as one of my gym credits. It was fun and back then I was pretty decent. I'm a bit older now and it may take some time to (pardon the pun) get rolling.

Anyone up for a few games?

No comments: