8/16/08

Ah A Swimmer...

Swimming is over and so possibly is my ability to watch the olympic games. Tonight while waiting for the final swimming events they showed the women's marathon. I still don't understand (sorry Arnie) how people can actually want to run that far? Sure their bodies are in fabulous shape but their grimace said it all - where's the joy?

I watched a lot of Olympics today - including some items like the steeplechase (which I always thought was some sort of horse race?) The items coming up that I would want to watch, probably won't be on non-cable tv (like pingpong)

And don't get me started about beach volleyball.

But ah, the men's swimming events were mighty fine. There's something about even watching the lengthier events that just makes me sigh.

One thing I do wonder is if the lifetime fitness type places will see an upsurge of people who while watching feel utterly un-athletic? Of course it didn't help that while watching I typically had a snack :)

Of course whatever will the media do now that Michael Phelps is done swimming? My guess is that they will spend the rest of the olympics talking about him anyhow. Maybe he could take up running and enter those events as well?

No comments: