7/12/08

Relay 4 Life - Day 2



There's something about a sunrise that always sort of brings peace to my soul. I am not a morning person AT ALL so the idea of getting up early isn't typically something I'm keenly interested in doing. However after not being able to do the luminaria ceremony last night, I thought it would be good to just walk the track in that moment before sunrise and watch the sunrise.

Last night before we left for pizza, Nick and Alesha said they were thinking about doing the same thing. And so we walked.

And then after one more lap a few other showed up to do the same thing. And before long the highschoolers on their team showed up and we had our closing ceremony and then Applebee's donated a free breakfast (which was awfully nice of them to still do that even though we didn't walk all night)

I hate being so critical when I completely ditched the committee however again this year the closing ceremony was terribly disappointing. Not that I would have been able to do anything about it. And because there weren't a lot of people there the door prize giveaways were painful at best.

And now, I came home, cleaned out my garage and car and read online that one of my favorite White House Press secretaries, Tony Snow has died from colon cancer. This is such a terrible disease and when I listen to stories or think of my own family struggling with the disease I am hopeful that perhaps some work by the ACS will eventually help someone.

No comments: