As part of my new website I know exactly who has been logging in, what they've been looking at, what they've downloaded. It's actually a double edged sword.
I don't really want to be "big brother is watching" but these metrics are one of the interesting things that sold me on the software. How do you measure the success of something without feedback?
It's so completely rewarding to see something you've put a lot of time and heart into help people. However out of 33 people, only 9 people have ever logged into the site.
9 people.
I shared this with my marketing colleagues at a lunch yesterday. They were all impressed and I just didn't understand how they could be happy with that percentage.
I've been rather indignant. Maybe I wander the Internet too much. I'd figure people would want to research a site to the edges. And yet so far only 35 documents have been downloaded and there are 24 people who could care less that this website exists.
If it was going well - I'd be cool with knowing...I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. But when it's not going well, who wants to share this sort of story?
I'm trying to not take it personally, but it's rather disheartening.
No comments:
Post a Comment