7/14/08

Pinnochio

I've got no strings to tie me down.  To make me laugh or make me frown.  I had strings but now I'm free there are no strings on me.

The other day quite by accident I had to call the people at Qwest because they were sending out a service person to my house (and I had not asked for one.)  Probably some elaborate telemarketing trick to get people like me to think about their service and hey, whatever works, right?

So in talking to Gary, the most friendly inbound telemarketer I've had the pleasure of speaking to in a while, he adjusted my account and is not only practically paying me to install a wireless modem in my house (which I really wanted anyhow because it's a real pain to constantly have to move from my comfortable living room coffee table work-set-up on Saturday nights to head to my other room, unplug the ethernet cord and plug it into the mac.)

Anyhow, Gary not only is paying me almost $3.00 to switch modems but is also saving me about $70 off my entire bundle by changing a few things and with that I now also have caller id.

I'm not exactly sure how I get so much more for so much of a discount but in this day and age I'm not going to complain.  

So hat's off to you Gary.  The wireless modem works great.  

One of the best things that happened to me this week, in fact.

No comments: