7/13/08

20 Tune ipod shuffle

So I received a blogging challenge from a friend tonight -- the instructions were to turn on my ipod and hit shuffle and share the first 20 tunes that came up and why they are in my ipod.

So conveniently since I just recharged and reloaded the ipod in preparation for the Relay for Life, I accept the challenge. (And yes, thank you Jerry for your help with my new Nano so I can hold even more tunes.) Twenty seems like a lot but here goes nothing...

1. INXS: Never Tear Us Apart - this was a song from my college days. It's a good song to sway to. Holly my roommate in Morey Hall at WSU soph and junior year was a HUGE fan (imagine the type with HUGE posters on her side of the room...)

2. Popular from the Wicked soundtrack - just trying to get familar with the music in preparation for going to see the musical in a few weeks.

3. Jude Cole: Hallowed Ground I love to drive to this song. Turn it up. When I used to have my pontiac with a sunroof I would open up all the windows and just drive.

4. Third Day: King of Glory - I heard this the first time at an Alley rehearsal for christmas and I just saw a running filmstrip of the birth of Jesus to the idea of his coming glory. So I went out that night and bought it from itunes.

5. Martina McBride: This One's for the Girls - My cousin Arnie really introduced me to Martina. I know it's sort of cliche but the whole of living on dreams and spaghetti-o's is pretty much the story of my life even to this day. I wish to love without holding back...

6. Thomas Dolby: She Blinded Me with Science - I bought this as a joke for the introduction of my friend cheryl our Senior Chemist at our national Sales meeting...I know that's not what the song is about but really...it made people laugh

7. Brad Cotter: I Meant To - The winner of one of the first Nashville Star's is a nice man to look at and I'm a sucker for anyone who plays piano. I rather appreciate the lyrics of all the things he meant to do.

8. Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane - what can I say? They rock...like a hurricane?

9. Cheap Trick - The Flame - okay so there was this non-alcoholic nightclub in Winona called Streamers that a bunch of us that worked at KQAL tended to hang out at and well um...this song was played a lot. 'nuff said.

10. Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion - again, I tend to have a lot loaded on my ipod that makes it fun to drive.

11. ABBA - Dancing Queen - looking forward to Mama Mia...and when I'm driving alone I tend to sing really really loud.

12. Tone Loc - Wild Thing - to prove that I'm not just skipping songs, I'll even include the embarassing ones...

13. Chicago - Hard Habit to Break - Yes, for a while this was one of those songs that reminded me too much of those high school/college romances gone wrong...now it's just because I like Chicago. (This era of chicago at least...)

14. Cranberries - Dream Again with the driving. I tend to speed a bit though with this song. Also the movie Boys on the Side remind me a lot of the group of women I hung out with in high school.

15. Nickleback - This Is How You Remind Me - can't only have 80's tunes...

16. Mary Chapin Carpenter - Late for Your Life - Oh good...this is one of my favorite songs. Especially when life starts getting hard and busy and I just want to throw in the towel.

17. Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You hmmm...some stories for another time. I'll just say that I also rather lust for Jon Bon Jovi...I know he's married but ahhhhh...

18. Brooks and Dunn - Boot Scootin Boogie - I used to rather enjoy line dancing. I knew all of them and one summer we used to go to lessons and then out to the country club for "practice" Line dancing is also great because you don't need a partner. It's a bummer to go to weddings or other places where dances happen and you have to approach strangers to dance...not really my thing.

19. Madonna - Vogue ...um yep I know the dance here too although nowadays I just do the white woman from the midwest bob back and forth

20. Edwin McCain - I Could Not Ask For More Ah the perfect song to end with....I'd say this is the dream of what I want for my life. That whether it be with friends or family or eventually a man to love, that each moment I'm not looking for something else, but what is right there.

No comments: