So there has been a job posted all week for our lead finance person's job. Finally today we got this notice...
To: All associates
"Unfortunately, (insert name of associate leaving here) has decided to leave. He gave notice two weeks ago, but I was hoping like Brett Favre that he would change his mind. Unlike Brett, he hasn’t changed his mind, so his last day is tomorrow."
Well then... sarcastically I'd say Good for you! Can I help you pack? however I really liked this person who is leaving and so I'm rather sad to see them go.
Everyone seems to have an opinion about Favre retiring or not retiring...having lived through the era of Michael Jordan wearing both a baseball and a wizards jersey - just let the man play if he wants to. At some point he was that kid on the field who just loved to play and sometimes people change their mind.
Surely the revenue he generates for the team is enough of a reason to not play this out as some media circus. Sure, they have a quarterback and sure it's a bit last minute however really - is it that big of a deal? If they don't want him to play let him take his ball and go to another team. (The packers fans will have enough stories to keep Brett's memory alive as their QB.) Kind of feel bad for Rodgers...they will nitpick every injury..every fumble and wonder if only. But that happens when anyone leaves a job. Sure we don't all have legacies like Favre but every time some leaves there are new shoes to fill. It's tough but someone's gotta do it.
Personally, I don't understand the whole retiring and changing your mind and coming back to work. Love of the sport or not - money or no money - I'd like to retire...go volunteer, maybe do some fishing (isn't that ALWAYS what people do when they retire?), spend time with family. You can be sure that when I retire I will be done.
I was cleaning out the garage last weekend and my neighbor who I talk to a few times a year because his garage is next to mine was getting his car out of the garage. He was excited to share with me the news that he's retiring in a few weeks at the age of 65. What's his plan? Travel a bit. He said, "particularly in the winter when it snows I'm going to look forward to the idea that if I don't want to leave my house, I can choose to watch tv instead."
Good for them all. As for me and my house...Ill probably have to work until I die to afford to keep a roof over my head (unless I win the lottery!)
No comments:
Post a Comment