
There's something about soft serve twist cones that just say summer to me. Today at lunch it was nice to take a break and head outside and then Angie had the brilliant idea that she wanted ice cream.
Of course she didn't have to twist my arm to tag along. I'm not that big of a fan of the cake cones however again I can't be too picky. Ice cream is still ice cream.
I survived day one back in the office. Only had about 73 e-mails which is a major miracle for being out almost a week.
Other things that scream summer to me:
The smell of freshly mowed lawn.
Chlorine (from all those years at Pioneer Park Pool)
The sound of flip flops (you won't see me wearing them because I have this "thing" about shoes with things between my toes and not liking that)
The smell of coconut (maybe one too many malibu cokes while in college...)
The whirr of the air conditioner (and thanks to my super super who fixed my air conditioner tonight...I can now have it on and actually hear the tv without turning it up to 20)
Ice Cream trucks. Last year one roamed our neighborhood but I haven't seen any lately.
Freezer Pops (must be a theme for cool treats)
The smell of hot dogs grilling (I do enjoy a bbq hot dog once in a while. They just don't taste the same on a George Foreman.)
No comments:
Post a Comment