6/8/08

Restaurant Review: BC's Mongolian BBQ (Stillwater)

I'm a fan of Chinese food. Throw together some fresh stir fry (Still don't quite understand what the difference is between a Big Bowl type of stir fry and the large BBQ this place had - they both taste the same to me :)

They had an excellent choice of somewhat frozen sliced meats and veggies and a whole array of sauces and "recipes" to make a truly mongolian BBQ if you so chose.

They had ample offerings of other buffet food too and pretty decent cream cheese won tons (those are my favorite) For dessert they had rice krispie treats (which I've been craving) and these lovely little macaroons. Also an odd mocha flavored chocolate cake. (I had to try a small bit of everything.)

For the same price, I'd probably head to the Atlantic BBQ in Woodbury but this was still good.
*** of 5, good food, a bit sparsely oddly decorated.

Speaking of chinese food. So we have an intern from China this summer and apparently this weekend is some sort of big dragon Boat festival and she is cooking me a special treat and bringing it in on monday. To help me celebrate my birthday.

From what I could find on google...the tradition is some sort of glutinous rice pudding called Zongzi was eaten to symbolize the rice offerings to Qu Yuan. Ingredients such as beans, lotus seeds, chestnuts, pork fat and the golden yolk of a salted duck egg were often added to the glutinous rice. The pudding was wrapped with bamboo leaves, bound with a sort of raffia and boiled in salt water for hours.

Sounds interesting but kind of...scary. Who knows, maybe salted duck eggs are hard to come by around here?

No comments: