6/3/08

It's bad enough driving in Downtown St. Paul when high schools insist on having grad ceremonies at Roy Wilkens auditorium. But escaping St. Paul this evening was even more brutal because Senator Obama decided he needed to have a celebration at the Xcel which is right next to the auditorium and mere blocks from where I work.

He couldn't have gone to South Dakota to thank those final primary voters or perhaps stayed in Illinois but nah - why not torture the poor souls in st. paul with an influx of people the same night as two high school graduation ceremonies.

It's enough to make this voter a little crabby. Who cares about the issues, on the sheer sense that he somehow inconvenienced me that's a strike against him. We'll see if he pulls himself out of the hole he's dug come election time.

Actually can the election be over already? I really don't even care who wins. Isn't that sad as a tax payer and a voting adult in this country? Maybe I just need a good ole lesson in civics.

No comments: