Was anyone else like me tonight and just mezmerized ...mesmerised... mez...ah just forget it. I have no one to give me the country of orgin and I'm just too plain lazy to spellcheck. There's a reason why spell check comes in handy but c'mon, some of those words on the spelling bee were french! Seems to me that is just not fair. I sometimes have to do french translations for work and that language is just a tad loopee with an accent on the last vowel, oui?
ABC had on the National Spelling Bee. I know it's gained popularity on ESPN and I love one of the kids summed it up by saying she's just like any other kid, she just has a really cool hobby.
The definition of the winning word I thought was rather appropriate - although I can't remember how it was spelled, it did mean achieving a high goal or reward. I can see that being the "lead" in newspapers across the country and surely better than any sort of "honey bee" reference. Losing must of stung. Give me a break.
Tom Bergeron of Dancing with the Stars and Hollywood Squares fame hosted the show with a rather good looking ex-spelling bee participant. I must say they showed a photo of this guy from Junior High and yep, people can change. At one point Tom exclaimed "oh geez you've got to be kidding" which I found rather amusing. I also found amusing that the whole audience thought one of the contestants had to spell numnut...when really the word was numnah. The boy clearly made a joke, shrugged it off and merely said that he was glad because there were so many ways he could have spelled numnut...really?
This weekend is going to be one of my toughest weekends by far. Coupled by next week's joyful production of about five more projects that got handed to me and I do believe I may have to work late every night in order to survive. Being an adult is hard. I'm praying harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment