There is this re-occuring conversation I have with my mom and no it doesn't have anything to do with why I'm not able to meet "that nice guy"...it's this:
Tina: "Hey mom how's life"
Mom: "Oh is it snowing there yet"
Tina: "Hunh?"
Mom: "the weather channel says you are getting a lot of snow"
Tina: "nope. No snow"
Mom: "Oh, you better put your car in the garage because is supposed to be snowing."
Tina: "Thanks mom. It just must not be starting yet..."
Yes, I know it's kind of sweet that while she's watching hours of the weather channel that she thinks about me in the great white north but really we've had this conversation about 10 times this winter and every time, we've had NO snow to speak of and at the time of the conversation the sun is shining or the moon is out and it's rather okay outside. (Nice way of saying it's too cold and when the heck is summer coming!!!??!!!)
I know from the three months I lasted in meteorology class at WSU that it's somewhat challenging to predict the weather...surely was too much math and science for me. And this late into "winter" I really DON'T want to hear that we are getting any snow...isn't there surely something better to talk about?
No comments:
Post a Comment