4/18/08

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. At least that is my hope.

Turns out I have a large hole in my ear drum and an infection in the front of my ear and one growing behind my ear drum as well.

While I dislike going to the doctor most days I particularly do not like doctors who talk to you like you should have been to see them so much sooner. As if the three other doctors that saw me over the last two weeks ever said anything about a hole in my ear drum let alone anything "growing" in my ear. They made it sound more like there was a little thing behind my ear drum that this doctor could just wisk out with his special ear doctor tools and wa-la...instantly better.

So now I have this antibiotic and hdrocotrtisone/acetic acid drop...let me tell you - if a doctor says you need to use these drops and keep them in your ear for at least 10 minutes...ask them for any other option. I should have realized that anything acid might be slightly painful but boy...my ear better feel way better after two weeks of these drops twice a day. The drops hurt.

He also says to be patient that this will be a long road to heal...and well...my patience lately seems to be in short supply. I guess I'd better keep praying for patience.

Also I'm not to fly...for a while. So I had to cancel my trip to chicago in two weeks...and reschedule it to possibly drive instead and the jury is still out on whether I will be able to go work our big trade show in June (which if that doesn't happen is going to be interesting.)

Ah well... Pete and Sara are almost here. They just called from Eau Claire.

--------

On a happier note....I wish Kim a happy day that we hardly should talk about. Focus on the wiser...for with every year you only become molded into the woman God meant for you to be.

You've been my friend for a long time (I'd add a few more longs but we don't want to get too carried away) and still it seems like yesterday we met in Math/Science study hall. You are a strong woman, whom I admire for juggling all you do. You are smart and pretty and funny and the best mom to your kids. I'm so thankful for your love and I love you right back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the ear and the treatment? Any improvement?

Tina said...

Getting used to the treatment (and either that's my threshold of pain growing or I'm just getting used to the feeling of the inside of my ear burning.) My hearing is still at about 5% which is still really hard to ignore and alas, I'm resigned that this will need one of those healing miracles where one morning I will hopefully wake up to hearing the full blast of Cities 97 in my ear and this will be just a distant memory.