3/24/08

The truck came early...by a whole day! Seriously, for an overplanner like me that is a huge thing. Luckily I had just finished picking up my "one last thing" over my lunch hour and was just going to spend the afternoon playing through what-if scenarios like the obsessive worrier that I am about these stupid trade shows. And this isn't even the show I'm heading to in California...nope this is for the itty bitty 10 foot show that's in Florida the following week.

My salesperson in California called this a.m. I had asked him to scout out some restaurants that perhaps I can make reservations ahead of time for our group so the collective "me" doesn't have to figure it out when we get there.

Alas, he came back with the following...

Ruth's Chris or some other equally expensive chain steakhouse... which isn't in our per diem

Outback Steakhouse...which I happen to really like however I don't need to fly to CA to eat there...and finally....Joe's Crab Shack...which I also like however I just can't see our general manager or the sales manager sitting at a picnic table waiting for their food while the waitresses do a line dance to the macrana. (Seriously our Office might very well be the "Office" but even I don't want to relive the Chili's episode.)

Speaking about the Office...our Eco-marketer of the year awards is Wednesday evening...can't hardly wait to . . . skip that event. Probably looks bad if the nominees just take off and head to Great Waters...but seriously...we probably aren't going to win and if we do I really would rather be mentioned in a "not pictured" footnote.

I finally got photos of Emily...Jerry stole them from mom and dad this evening. Amazing how similar she looks like my brother pete did at her age...and of course...sure it was the snow that kept mom and dad from venturing north...had nothing to do with that cutie...I believe that...wouldn't you?

No comments: